10 YEAR/400,000 KILOMETRE LIMITED ENGINE & DRIVELINE WARRANTY
UAP Inc., an authorized licensee of NAPA, (hereafter called “NAPA”) warrants you, the NAPA AUTOPRO Consumer who completes the Warranty Registration process, with a no-charge Limited Engine & Driveline Warranty for up to 10 years of vehicle age or 400,000 km – whichever occurs first – on any Qualifying Vehicle.
WHAT IS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
If the engine or driveline (driveline is defined as the transmission, transaxle, transfer case or differential) on a Qualifying Vehicle has a Qualifying Breakdown, NAPA will pay the reasonable expenses for the repair or replacement of the Covered Parts and the associated labor to restore these Covered Parts back to operation, up to a maximum of $5,000.00, and subject to the exclusions, limitations, terms, conditions, Eligibility Requirements, and consumer obligations set forth in this limited warranty (collectively, this “Limited Warranty”). However, NAPA will not be liable for special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, towing, lodging, business interruption, loss of profits, damage to or loss of other property or persons, unless otherwise prohibited by law. SOME PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED LIMITED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM PROVINCE TO PROVINCE. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT EXTEND THE VEHICLE MANUFACTURER’S LIMITED WARRANTY.
This NAPA Limited Warranty is provided at no extra cost. No one may charge you a fee for it, or change it, or make any exceptions to its term.
NOTE: Most NAPA parts, including the service and workmanship required to install those parts at participating NAPA AUTOPRO locations across Canada, are covered under NAPA’s 24 Month, 40,000 km Peace of Mind Warranty. To review NAPA’s 24 Month, 40,000 km Peace of Mind Warranty, visit www.napautopro.com, or see your local participating NAPA AUTOPRO Service Centre. For a centre near you, call 1.866.Get-NAPA (866-438-6272) or go on-line at napaautopro.com.
WHO IS COVERED BY THE WARRANTY?
This Limited Warranty is available only to consumers who have complied with all Eligibility Requirements and who are at least the age of majority within their Province of residence on the date of the Warranty Registration (“NAPA AUTOPRO Consumers”). For the purpose of this Limited Warranty, a NAPA AUTOPRO Consumer may include a business entity (i.e., corporation, partnership, limited company or similar entities). You can transfer this Limited Warranty for the Qualifying Vehicle listed on the Warranty Registration, but only if the person you transfer it to has copies of your receipts or can prove your compliance with the terms of this Limited Warranty and he/she continues to comply with the terms of this Limited Warranty. For details, you can contact the Warranty Administrator, Matthew Scott Data Marketing Solutions Inc., at 1.866.Get.NAPA (866.438.6272) anytime from 8am to 8pm ET Monday through Friday.
WARRANTY EFFECTIVE DATE AND COVERAGE COMMENCEMENT DATE
This Limited Warranty takes effect (the “Coverage Commencement Date”) after the NAPA AUTOPRO Consumer has completed the Warranty Registration process, and then only after the Qualifying Vehicle has been driven a minimum of 6,000 km from the NAPA AUTOPRO Consumer’s last service visit (this service visit must include an oil and filter change) at any participating NAPA AUTOPRO facility in Canada.
TERM OF WARRANTY
This Limited Warranty covers the Qualifying Vehicle during the period from the Coverage Commencement Date through the date the Qualifying Vehicle reaches either 10 years of age from date of manufacture or 400,000 km – whichever occurs first, unless the NAPA AUTOPRO Consumer fails at any time to fully comply with this Limited Warranty. Consumers may opt out of this Limited Warranty at any time.
Qualifying Vehicles: A Qualifying Vehicle is a privately-owned or leased passenger car, van or pickup/light truck that has a gross vehicle weight rating of less than 4,500 kilograms, was manufactured within 48 months and has less than 60,000 km at the time of Warranty Registration. “Qualifying Vehicles” exclude: a) vehicles modified or used for any type of competitive, timed or exhibition motorsports activity; b) vehicles used for agricultural or mining/drilling purposes; c) vehicles whose engine has been modified with equipment or parts that would void the vehicle manufacturer’s warranty; d) vehicles that have been modified with non-factory equipment or accessories (i. e., snow plow attachment, etc.); e) vehicles with diesel engines greater than 4.0 litres in capacity; f) kit cars; g) vehicles used for commercial purposes, and; h) vehicles used to tow any amounts or weights that exceed the vehicles gross towing capacity. Each NAPA AUTOPRO Consumer may enroll as many vehicles as he/she likes under this Limited Warranty, provided that each such enrolled vehicle meets the criteria of this Limited Warranty. The NAPA AUTOPRO Consumer must be the owner or lessee of the enrolled Qualifying Vehicle.
Warranty & Vehicle Registration:
NAPA AUTOPRO Consumers must enroll their Qualifying Vehicle using the online Vehicle Warranty Registration form (only) found at www.napaautopro.com, and agree to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty.
CONSUMER OBLIGATIONS TO MAINTAIN WARRANTY
Consumer Obligations: NAPA AUTOPRO Consumers must record their vehicle mileage at the completion of the Vehicle Warranty Registration. THE NAPA AUTOPRO CONSUMER MUST HAVE REGULAR AND CONTINOUS SERVICE MAINTENANCE PERFORMED AT ANY PARTICIPATING NAPA AUTOPRO FACILITY IN CANADA IN ORDER TO QUALIFY. A REGULAR SERVICE MAINTENANCE VISIT MUST INCLUDE CHANGING THE QUALIFYING VEHICLE’S ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, TRANSAXLE, TRANSFER CASE (4 x 4 vehicles) AND DIFFERENTIAL FLUIDS WITH FLUIDS THAT MEET OR EXCEED THE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER’S REQUIREMENTS AND AT INTERVALS THAT DO NOT EXCEED THE MANUFACTURER’S REQUIREMENTS AS PRESCRIBED IN THE VEHICLE’S OWNER MANUAL UNDER “SEVERE SERVICE”, OR AS RECOMMENDED BY THE VEHICLE’S (IF SO EQUIPPED) OIL/FLUIDS MONITORING SYSTEM, BUT IN NO INSTANCE CAN ENGINE AND DRIVELINE INTERVALS EXCEED:
Engine Oil Changes:
- EXCEED 8,000 KILOMETRES USING CONVENTIONAL OR SEMI-SYNTHETIC BASED LUBRICANTS OR BE GREATER THAN A 4 MONTH INTERVAL BETWEEN OIL AND FILTER CHANGES, or
- EXCEED 10,000 KILOMETERS USING FULL SYNTHETIC BASED LUBRICANTS OR BE GREATER THAN A 6 MONTH INTERVAL BETWEEN OIL AND FILTER CHANGES AND
- EXCEED 100,000 KILOMETRES OR BE GREATER THAN 36 MONTHS BETWEEN CHANGES FOR TRANSMISSION/TRANSAXLE/TRANSFER CASE AND DIFFERENTIAL FLUID AND FILTER CHANGES
In addition, the NAPA AUTOPRO Consumer must repair significant oil/fluid/coolant leaks and perform other necessary maintenance and repairs to prevent damage to the engine or driveline which meet or exceed the original manufacturer’s requirements. NAPA AUTOPRO Consumers are required to keep all service and repair invoices as proof of performance, and will be required to submit proof of performance if a claim is submitted. Check with your local participating NAPA AUTOPRO service centre as they may keep your service history on file.
TO FILE A CLAIM
To file a claim under this Limited Warranty, the NAPA AUTOPRO Consumers must:
- Be sure the Qualifying Vehicle is protected from further damage.
- Upon discovery of the damages (but no later than 30 days from the date the damage occurred), call the Warranty Centre at 1.866.Get.NAPA (1.866.438.6272). A claim may also be made in writing to the NAPA Warranty Administrator, PO Box 1130, Station B, Mississauga, ON L4Y 3W4.
- Receive repair approval from the Warranty Administrator prior to cleaning, disassembling, repairing or replacing any Covered Parts (no claims will be paid without prior authorization). To receive repair approval, NAPA AUTOPRO Consumers must contact the Warranty Administrator at its toll-free number listed above or, in the case of those submitting a claim in writing, the Administrator will contact the NAPA AUTOPRO Consumer directly.
- Provide all information requested by NAPA.
- Make the vehicle available for inspection at NAPA’s request.
After a review of the claim, NAPA may request additional information. NAPA AUTOPRO Consumers may be required to provide the following:
- Copies of all service invoices as proof of performance (invoice copies must be printed, not hand written) for all vehicle related maintenance or repair.
- Documentation of the damage and estimated repair costs, and/or
- A copy of any extended service contract or warranty
ADDITIONAL TERMS, CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
1. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER ANY DAMAGE THAT OCCURS PRIOR TO THE COVERAGE COMMENCEMENT DATE.
2. “Covered Parts” means all internally lubricated engine and driveline parts, including: pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connection rods and rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, timing chain (but not timing belt), and timing gears, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, guides, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms, hydraulic lifters, rocker arm shafts, transmission/transaxle/transfer case/differential gears/ring/pinion gears. The engine block and cylinder heads are also covered if mechanical failure was caused by a failure of the above-listed parts. Covered Parts does not include (unless such covered parts were replaced with qualifying NAPA Parts and are covered under the NAPA 24 Month, 40,000 km Peace of Mind Warranty) the following: i) all fuel system parts; ii) all ignition, starting and electrical system parts; iii) the turbocharger and supercharger systems; iv) the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system or sensors, ; v) the exhaust manifolds and; vi) the clutch assembly system (friction plates, springs, bearings etc.) in any manual transmissions or the torque converter in automatic transmissions. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY COVERS THE COVERED PARTS, INCLUDING LABOR COSTS FOR REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE COVERED PARTS, AND THIS LIMITED WARRANTY COVERS NO OTHER PARTS OR LABOR. Replacement will be made with a part that is identical in type and quality (i.e., new, remanufactured or used parts), and compatible with the original design specifications and normal wear tolerances of the Qualifying Vehicle’s odometer reading at the time of failure.
3. “Qualifying Breakdown” means the immediate and apparent total mechanical failure of a Covered Part designed to work as it was meant to under normal circumstances, and provided that the vehicle’s electrical, fuel, computer engine management, cooling, induction and exhaust systems are all working properly and are not the cause of the engine failure. A Qualifying Breakdown does not include the reduction in operating performance due to normal wear and tear, including a reduction in engine compression due to worn rings or valves, or abnormal sounds such as “knocking,” “pinging” or “rattling” noises when a breakdown has not occurred.
4. Each qualifying service visit must include (and in addition to any of the manufacturer’s recommended service intervals if not so specified in the vehicles’ owner manual):
- An oil filter replacement and enough required and specified motor oil to fill the Qualifying Vehicle’s crankcase.
- Engine and driveline serviced only with the vehicle manufacturer’s required viscosity and grade, including the use of synthetic or semi-synthetic fluids and specialized additives, if recommended, and in accord with the manufacturer’s recommended “severe service” interval schedule. However, in no instances can regular engine oil changes exceed 8,000 km or 4 month intervals using conventional or semi-synthetic products or 10,000 km and 6 month intervals using fully synthetic products and the driveline fluids and filters must be changed no less than every 100,000 km or 36 months – whichever occurs first.
- Replace the Qualifying Vehicle’s air filter as often as the Qualifying Vehicles’ manufacturer recommends.
- The Qualifying Vehicle’s emission control and fuel system must be inspected for, and in compliance with, the Qualifying Vehicles’ manufacturer recommendations.
- All scheduled engine and driveline maintenance recommended by the Qualifying Vehicle’s manufacturer, as outlined in the Qualifying Vehicles’ owner manual under the “severe service” schedule.
5. NAPA may require that the Qualifying Vehicle be repaired at a certified NAPA repair facility for approved claim repair work under this Limited Warranty.
6. NAPA may pay the repair facility that performs the repair or reimburse the NAPA AUTOPRO Consumer directly. At NAPA’s option, if the cost of repairs exceeds the value of the Qualifying Vehicle, NAPA may pay the NAPA AUTOPRO Consumer an amount equal to the private sale value of the Qualifying Vehicle on the date of a Qualifying Breakdown, as set forth by the Kelley Blue Book or some other similar listing of vehicle values if a Kelley Blue Book value is not available. NAPA’S LIABILITY TO PAY FOR REPAIRS (OR THE VALUE OF THE QUALIFYING VEHICLE) IS LIMITED TO A TOTAL OF $5,000.00 (PER QUALIFYING VEHICLE) OVER THE LIFE OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. NAPA’s obligation to repair or replace any listed/covered part, as may be required, is the sole and exclusive remedy available to you under this Limited Warranty. NAPA is only responsible for the repairs it approves.
7. If NAPA pays anything under this Limited Warranty and the NAPA AUTOPRO Consumer has a right to recover costs from another party, the NAPA AUTOPRO Consumer’s rights will become NAPA’s rights, up to the amount NAPA paid, and the NAPA AUTOPRO Consumer will do whatever is necessary to enable NAPA to enforce these rights.
8. The failure of any Covered Part that is related to any pending legal proceeding or recall, or for which the manufacturer has announced its responsibility by any means, is excluded from coverage under this Limited Warranty.
9. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER CLAIMS ALSO COVERED BY THE QUALIFYING VEHICLE’S MANUFACTURER WARRANTY OR ANY EXTENDED SERVICE CONTRACT OR WARRANTY. However, if a NAPA AUTOPRO Consumer has otherwise complied with this Limited Warranty, NAPA will pay the deductible amount to be paid by the NAPA AUTOPRO Consumer under any existing extended service contract previously purchased by the NAPA AUTOPRO Consumer which covers engine or transmission/transaxle damage to the Qualifying Vehicle. This Limited Warranty does not extend the Qualifying Vehicle manufacturer’s warranty.
10. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER CLAIMS THAT ARE THE RESULT OF: A COLLISION OR OTHER ACCIDENT, THEFT, VANDALISM, RIOT, EXPLOSION, EARTHQUAKE, LIGHTNING, FREEZING, OVERHEATING, INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL FIRE, WATER OR FLOOD DAMAGE (INCLUDING PRIOR FLOOD DAMAGE), NEGLIGENT, RECKLESS, KNOWING OR INTENTIONAL DAMAGE, TIMING BELT FAILURE, IMPROPER SERVICE OR MAINTENANCE, DEFECTS ATTRIBUTABLE TO THE VEHICLE MANUFACTURER, IMPROPER INSTALLATION OF ANY PART (UNLESS THE PART IS COVERED UNDER NAPA’S 24 MONTH, 40,000 KILOMETRE PEACE OF MIND WARRANTY), FLUID CONTAMINATION (i.e., COOLANT, FUEL, WATER OR FOREIGN MATERIAL), OR THE FAILURE TO KEEP THE MOTOR OIL, CLUTCH FLUID (MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS) AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION/ TRANSAXLE/TRANSFER CASE / DIFFERENTAIL FLUIDS AND ENGINE COOLANT AT LEVELS PRESCRIBED BY THE MANUFACTURER. NAPA may refuse payment of any claims that may otherwise comply with the terms of this Limited Warranty where NAPA believes in good faith that one or more of these causes contributed to the damage claimed.
11. This Limited Warranty may be deemed void by NAPA, at its sole discretion, if the NAPA AUTOPRO Consumer records the mileage interval incorrectly, or if the Qualifying Vehicle’s true mileage cannot be determined (for example, due to a malfunctioning odometer).
12. Unless earlier terminated for non-compliance, all coverage under this Limited Warranty ends when the odometer reading has exceeded 400,000 km, or when the vehicle’s age is greater than
10 years from the date of manufacture, whichever occurs first. Any claims that accrue after either one of the above-mentioned occurrences shall not be covered by this Limited Warranty.
13. This Limited Warranty is only available in Canada.
14. NAPA may add coverage categories or discontinue offering coverage categories at any time, at its sole discretion, without notice. NAPA may close the registration for this Limited Warranty at any time without notice. If NAPA discontinues the coverage for a category, no new vehicle registrations will be allowed in the discontinued category. If NAPA closes the registration, no new vehicle registrations will be allowed. However, those Qualifying Vehicles duly registered prior to such closure will continue to be covered as long as the NAPA AUTOPRO Customer continues to comply with all the terms and conditions of the Limited Warranty.
15. This Limited Warranty may not be transferred or assigned, except as otherwise provided for herein.
16. These terms and conditions may only be changed by NAPA.